Pak: 154 alleged target killers held for violence
Islamabad: About 154 alleged target killers have been arrested in Karachi city, Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.
Out of the arrested individuals, nine people who were affiliated with certain political parties, have been bailed out due to insufficient evidence, he said Thursday.
Spiralling violence in Karachi, which began on July 05, has left over 100 people dead.
Participating in a debate in the Senate on the situation in Karachi, Malik called for national unity and rising above politics to send a clear message to the enemies that the Pakistanis were united, the Geo News reported on Friday.
Commenting on the killings in Karachi`s Kati Pahari area, Malik said Pakistan Rangers cleared the area after facing stiff resistance as the criminals, equipped with sophisticated weapons, were holed up in houses there.
While informing the House that some arrests have been made in Kati Pahari and investigations were under way, Malik said there were elements in Karachi who wanted to create rifts among all political parties.
On July 18, Malik said that the use of Israeli-made weapons indicates "foreign hand" behind the Karachi unrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31