Pak journalist found murdered
Lahore: A Pakistani journalist working for an online publication was found murdered at his home in Lahore on Friday, police said.
The body of 28-year-old Faisal Qureshi, who wrote for "The London Post" website owned by his elder brother Shahid Qureshi, was found in his residence at Johar Town, Senior Superintendent of Police (Investigation) Abdul Razzaq Cheema said.
Qureshi`s throat was slit open with a sharp-edged weapon and his body had multiple stab wounds.
Police were informed about the crime by a cousin of the victim, Cheema said.
Police said they had not been to ascertain the motive for the killing and a case had been registered against unidentified killers.
Cheema said the crime scene suggested that Qureshi had struggled hard to save himself.
Police found bloodstains leading to the gate of the house.
The killers took away Qureshi`s laptop and some mobile phones.
Shahid Qureshi told police that his brother had received threats after The London Post published a news report that claimed the London-based Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief, Altaf Hussain, had moved to South Africa.
He did not rule out the possibility that this was the reason behind his death.
Qureshi`s cousin told police that the victim was a bachelor and had been living alone at his father’s house. Qureshi also worked for an IT firm in Lahore.
Police found an identity card and the passport of a man identified only as Faheem at the crime scene.
In the FIR, the complainant said Qureshi was murdered for publishing certain news stories.
The complainant further said it was the responsibility of the state and police to protect those who struggled for the people`s rights.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth