`Pak must launch serious probe into 26/11 attacks`
Islamabad: If Pakistan wants to avoid being a completely isolated country it has no choice, but to launch a serious investigation into the Mumbai terror attacks and punish those who were involved in the heinous act, according to a report.
Hafiz Saeed, leader of Pakistan-wide religious organisation, Jamaat-ud-dawa, is in the eye of the storm again after India got Saudi Arabia to repatriate an Indian agent belonging to the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) who says that Saeed was directly involved in the Mumbai attacks, that killed 166 innocent people.
Zabihuddin Ansari had 10 different fake names to hide his real identity: Abu Jandal, Abu Hamza, etc.
Once in Indian custody he has started singing, the second fatal development for Pakistan, which doesn’t credit revelations made by Ajmal Kasab, the Pakistani terrorist caught in Mumbai, thus deepening its isolation in the world as a country that is being undermined by terrorism but doesn’t want to admit it, the Express Tribune reports.
Ansari has reportedly confessed that he had gone to Pakistan illegally and was present as a trainer in Karachi when a gang of Pakistani terrorists was sent to India by sea.
He says that Saeed was present in the Karachi control room when the 26/11 masterminds choreographed the carnage of Mumbai.
According to the paper, he further damages the Pakistani stance, which had already taken a hit through David Headley’s arrest and confession.
The report said that the latest episode has further exposed Pakistan to further isolation globally and increases pressure on it to do something about terrorism that has sapped the writ of the state and threatens the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan