Pak: Twenty-two militants killed in US drone strikes
Islamabad: Stepping up missile strikes
against terrorists in Pakistan`s restive tribal belt, US
drones targeted an insurgent training camp and a vehicle in
North Waziristan on Wednesday, killing at least 22 militants and
injuring several others.
In the first attack, the drones fired four missiles at a
compound being used as a militant training camp in Shawal area
of North Waziristan tribal agency, officials were quoted as
saying by TV news channels.
Eighteen militants were killed and the compound was
destroyed in the attack.
Local residents said more persons could be buried in
the rubble of the compound.
A drone targeted a car in the second attack, killing
Both attacks, in which several militants were also
injured, occurred within minutes of each other.
The US has carried out five drone strikes in
Pakistan`s tribal belt this week, indicating that Washington
has no plans to roll back the campaign with unmanned spy
planes despite protests from Islamabad.
On Monday, at least 18 suspected militants were killed in
three drone strikes in South Waziristan.
Al-Qaeda terrorist Ilyas Kashmiri was reported killed in
a drone attack last week but US officials have said they have
no confirmation of his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi