Pakistan: 3 Egyptians killed in US drone strike
Dera Ismail Khan: Intelligence officials say a recent US missile strike in Pakistan`s tribal region killed three Egyptians linked to the Haqqani militant network.
The officials say the three were killed on Friday when missiles struck a car near Miran Shah, the main town in North Waziristan. A fourth person was also killed but has not been identified.
The officials said on Sunday that one of the Egyptians was a 28-year-old man named Abdullah who played a key role in handling the financial affairs of the Haqqani network in Pakistan and Afghanistan. He was known locally as Nadeem.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
The US has deemed the Haqqani network the most dangerous group fighting in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?