Pakistan: 3 Egyptians killed in US drone strike
Dera Ismail Khan: Intelligence officials say a recent US missile strike in Pakistan`s tribal region killed three Egyptians linked to the Haqqani militant network.
The officials say the three were killed on Friday when missiles struck a car near Miran Shah, the main town in North Waziristan. A fourth person was also killed but has not been identified.
The officials said on Sunday that one of the Egyptians was a 28-year-old man named Abdullah who played a key role in handling the financial affairs of the Haqqani network in Pakistan and Afghanistan. He was known locally as Nadeem.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
The US has deemed the Haqqani network the most dangerous group fighting in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head