Pakistan: 3 Egyptians killed in US drone strike
Dera Ismail Khan: Intelligence officials say a recent US missile strike in Pakistan`s tribal region killed three Egyptians linked to the Haqqani militant network.
The officials say the three were killed on Friday when missiles struck a car near Miran Shah, the main town in North Waziristan. A fourth person was also killed but has not been identified.
The officials said on Sunday that one of the Egyptians was a 28-year-old man named Abdullah who played a key role in handling the financial affairs of the Haqqani network in Pakistan and Afghanistan. He was known locally as Nadeem.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
The US has deemed the Haqqani network the most dangerous group fighting in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video