Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia Tuesday executed a Pakistani national in Medina city for trafficking heroin.
Hayat Sayed Lal Sayed had attempted to smuggle heroin in his stomach, the Saudi interior ministry said in a statement. It said a common method for so-called drug mules to transport narcotics is to swallow condoms containing the substance.
The date and place of Sayed`s arrest were not given.
According to Amnesty International, Saudi Arabia is one of the world`s most active users of capital punishment. The country executed 79 people last year.
The Interior Ministry said the death penalty is used to combat drug use which is against Islamic beliefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics