Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia Tuesday executed a Pakistani national in Medina city for trafficking heroin.
Hayat Sayed Lal Sayed had attempted to smuggle heroin in his stomach, the Saudi interior ministry said in a statement. It said a common method for so-called drug mules to transport narcotics is to swallow condoms containing the substance.
The date and place of Sayed`s arrest were not given.
According to Amnesty International, Saudi Arabia is one of the world`s most active users of capital punishment. The country executed 79 people last year.
The Interior Ministry said the death penalty is used to combat drug use which is against Islamic beliefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read