Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia Tuesday executed a Pakistani national in Medina city for trafficking heroin.
Hayat Sayed Lal Sayed had attempted to smuggle heroin in his stomach, the Saudi interior ministry said in a statement. It said a common method for so-called drug mules to transport narcotics is to swallow condoms containing the substance.
The date and place of Sayed`s arrest were not given.
According to Amnesty International, Saudi Arabia is one of the world`s most active users of capital punishment. The country executed 79 people last year.
The Interior Ministry said the death penalty is used to combat drug use which is against Islamic beliefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?