Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia Tuesday executed a Pakistani national in Medina city for trafficking heroin.
Hayat Sayed Lal Sayed had attempted to smuggle heroin in his stomach, the Saudi interior ministry said in a statement. It said a common method for so-called drug mules to transport narcotics is to swallow condoms containing the substance.
The date and place of Sayed`s arrest were not given.
According to Amnesty International, Saudi Arabia is one of the world`s most active users of capital punishment. The country executed 79 people last year.
The Interior Ministry said the death penalty is used to combat drug use which is against Islamic beliefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days