Pakistani executed in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia Tuesday executed a Pakistani national in Medina city for trafficking heroin.
Hayat Sayed Lal Sayed had attempted to smuggle heroin in his stomach, the Saudi interior ministry said in a statement. It said a common method for so-called drug mules to transport narcotics is to swallow condoms containing the substance.
The date and place of Sayed`s arrest were not given.
According to Amnesty International, Saudi Arabia is one of the world`s most active users of capital punishment. The country executed 79 people last year.
The Interior Ministry said the death penalty is used to combat drug use which is against Islamic beliefs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi