‘Poor’ Pak politicians are actually ‘filthy rich’!
Islamabad: The assets returns filed by members of the Pakistan Parliament’s Lower House in the Election Commission of Pakistan have some unbelievably absurd details.
A majority of them have not shown even a mentionable chunk of the total wealth that they possess in reality, The Nation reports.
While Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani’s net assets stand at over 194 million rupees, what raises eyebrows is that the head of state is ‘car-less’, as he does not have any vehicle registered in his name, and that the value of his posh residence in Multan is measured at a paltry amount of 6.3 million rupees.
Former food and agriculture minister Nazar Muhammad Gondal, former information minister Qamar Zaman Kaira, former Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) spokesperson Fauzia Wahab and a host of other ‘elected public representatives’ join the huge brigade of ‘car-less’ MNAs, who otherwise travel in the most expensive luxurious vehicles.
Jamiat Ulama -e- Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman has one-fifth share in a house in Dera Ismail Khan that values only one hundred thousand rupees, while his another house in the same city values 2 million rupees and five kanals of land in the same area values only five hundred thousand rupees.
Noor Alam Khan of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is the richest MNA, with his net assets worth over 3.52 billion rupees, while his party colleague Jamshed Dasti is the ‘poorest’ parliamentarian, with no movable or immovable property registered in his name. All he has is a salaried bank account with an unspecified amount in it.
Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) MNA Hanif Abbassi’s net assets stand at 19,861,200 rupees, which is equivalent to his liabilities, meaning that the parliamentarian is ‘penniless’.
Dr Farooq Sattar of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has a 2007 model Toyota Corolla vehicle, which surprisingly does not cost more than 500,000 rupees.
PML-Q (likeminded) MNA Kashmala Tariq has 200 tolas of gold, which value over 52 million, but unfortunately, the market value of this gold does not exceed 8 million rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'