‘Poor’ Pak politicians are actually ‘filthy rich’!
Islamabad: The assets returns filed by members of the Pakistan Parliament’s Lower House in the Election Commission of Pakistan have some unbelievably absurd details.
A majority of them have not shown even a mentionable chunk of the total wealth that they possess in reality, The Nation reports.
While Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani’s net assets stand at over 194 million rupees, what raises eyebrows is that the head of state is ‘car-less’, as he does not have any vehicle registered in his name, and that the value of his posh residence in Multan is measured at a paltry amount of 6.3 million rupees.
Former food and agriculture minister Nazar Muhammad Gondal, former information minister Qamar Zaman Kaira, former Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) spokesperson Fauzia Wahab and a host of other ‘elected public representatives’ join the huge brigade of ‘car-less’ MNAs, who otherwise travel in the most expensive luxurious vehicles.
Jamiat Ulama -e- Islam (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman has one-fifth share in a house in Dera Ismail Khan that values only one hundred thousand rupees, while his another house in the same city values 2 million rupees and five kanals of land in the same area values only five hundred thousand rupees.
Noor Alam Khan of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is the richest MNA, with his net assets worth over 3.52 billion rupees, while his party colleague Jamshed Dasti is the ‘poorest’ parliamentarian, with no movable or immovable property registered in his name. All he has is a salaried bank account with an unspecified amount in it.
Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) MNA Hanif Abbassi’s net assets stand at 19,861,200 rupees, which is equivalent to his liabilities, meaning that the parliamentarian is ‘penniless’.
Dr Farooq Sattar of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has a 2007 model Toyota Corolla vehicle, which surprisingly does not cost more than 500,000 rupees.
PML-Q (likeminded) MNA Kashmala Tariq has 200 tolas of gold, which value over 52 million, but unfortunately, the market value of this gold does not exceed 8 million rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city