Prez Yadav endorses budget despite protest by opposition
1. Kathmandu: President Ram Baran Yadav has endorsed the budget ordinance of over Rs 300 billion submitted by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai Tuesday.
The budget ordinance of Rs 300.64 billion, for the remaining eight-month period of the current fiscal year was endorsed by Yadav today, president`s advisor Rajendra Dahal said.
Finance Minister Barshaman Pun announced the budget in a press conference at Singhdurbar secretariat.
Meanwhile, student unions belonging to various political parties have staged protest in the heart of city by halting vehicular movement for half an hour to oppose the announcement of the budget.
The government has brought three fourth of the budget for the current fiscal year which begins in July to August.
Political parties have been protesting against the caretaker government`s move to bring budget without forging political consensus among parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption