Prez Yadav endorses budget despite protest by opposition
1. Kathmandu: President Ram Baran Yadav has endorsed the budget ordinance of over Rs 300 billion submitted by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai Tuesday.
The budget ordinance of Rs 300.64 billion, for the remaining eight-month period of the current fiscal year was endorsed by Yadav today, president`s advisor Rajendra Dahal said.
Finance Minister Barshaman Pun announced the budget in a press conference at Singhdurbar secretariat.
Meanwhile, student unions belonging to various political parties have staged protest in the heart of city by halting vehicular movement for half an hour to oppose the announcement of the budget.
The government has brought three fourth of the budget for the current fiscal year which begins in July to August.
Political parties have been protesting against the caretaker government`s move to bring budget without forging political consensus among parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why