Prez Yadav endorses budget despite protest by opposition
1. Kathmandu: President Ram Baran Yadav has endorsed the budget ordinance of over Rs 300 billion submitted by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai Tuesday.
The budget ordinance of Rs 300.64 billion, for the remaining eight-month period of the current fiscal year was endorsed by Yadav today, president`s advisor Rajendra Dahal said.
Finance Minister Barshaman Pun announced the budget in a press conference at Singhdurbar secretariat.
Meanwhile, student unions belonging to various political parties have staged protest in the heart of city by halting vehicular movement for half an hour to oppose the announcement of the budget.
The government has brought three fourth of the budget for the current fiscal year which begins in July to August.
Political parties have been protesting against the caretaker government`s move to bring budget without forging political consensus among parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back