Prez Yadav endorses budget despite protest by opposition
1. Kathmandu: President Ram Baran Yadav has endorsed the budget ordinance of over Rs 300 billion submitted by Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai Tuesday.
The budget ordinance of Rs 300.64 billion, for the remaining eight-month period of the current fiscal year was endorsed by Yadav today, president`s advisor Rajendra Dahal said.
Finance Minister Barshaman Pun announced the budget in a press conference at Singhdurbar secretariat.
Meanwhile, student unions belonging to various political parties have staged protest in the heart of city by halting vehicular movement for half an hour to oppose the announcement of the budget.
The government has brought three fourth of the budget for the current fiscal year which begins in July to August.
Political parties have been protesting against the caretaker government`s move to bring budget without forging political consensus among parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened