Pro-Taliban militants fire rockets at security forces camp
Peshawar: Pro-Taliban militants fired
four rockets at a security forces camp in the restive Aurakzai
tribal region in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday after at least 21
rebels were killed in artillery shelling and air strikes by
The rockets landed close to the camp at Kalaya, one of
the main towns of Aurakzai Agency, security officials said,
adding there were no reports of casualties.
Earlier in the day, security forces used heavy
artillery to pound militant positions at three places in
Eleven militants were killed in the barrage, official
Ten more militants were killed when gunship
helicopters pounded Taliban positions in Story Khel, Anjani
and Sultanzai areas.
At least 15 militants were also injured during today?s
actions, the official sources said.
Five militant hideouts, a bunker, an ammunition dump
and a terrorist training centre were destroyed.
The casualty figures could not be independently
verified as journalists are barred from reporting from the
The official sources also said the militants were on
the run and the security forces had captured the Shantana area
from the Taliban.
Pakistani troops recently launched an operation in
Aurakzai Agency, where several groups, including the Taliban
and Lashkar-e-Islam, are active.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read