`Re-opening of NATO routes in Pakistan’s interest`
Islamabad: Former Pakistan leader General Pervez Musharraf has said that the reopening of NATO supply routes into Afghanistan was in the interests of the country.
Musharraf, the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) chief, also said that Pakistan should accept the US apology over the Salala incident with a positive attitude.
“First of all, we should work in our own interest; the situation cannot be improved by criticising even the good steps of the government,” The Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying.
“It was a tough decision for the government to restore NATO supply because a particular segment of the masses would protest against it, but my sympathies are with the civilian and military leadership,” he added.
He also said that the attack on Pakistani soldiers was a mistake of US forces, and they should have apologised about it soon after the incident.
Musharraf, however, added that if now the US has realised its mistake, Pakistan should accept it in a positive way.
He also stressed that if the tension between Islamabad and Washington persists for long, it would affect Pakistan’s interests in Afghanistan after the NATO forces leave the war-torn nation in 2014.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'