Sri Lanka Army to sell vegetables!
Colombo: Sri Lanka Army, which led the
military campaign to crush the LTTE, has started selling
vegetables to tackle the war against rising cost of essential
commodities, the Defence Ministry said on Friday.
"Army is making a vital contribution in extending
relief to consumers by establishing consumer centres for
selling vegetables at reasonable prices," the ministry said in
The army has started selling vegetables at 14 consumer
centres. They are located in Colombo and suburbs.
"Consumers will be able to purchase vegetables at
reasonable prices as the Army makes direct purchases of
vegetables from cultivators," it said.
Army will purchase the vegetable from farmers through
the Army camps and plan to sell them for consumers thus
minimising brokering by some vendors which pushes up the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'