Sri Lanka Army to sell vegetables!
Colombo: Sri Lanka Army, which led the
military campaign to crush the LTTE, has started selling
vegetables to tackle the war against rising cost of essential
commodities, the Defence Ministry said on Friday.
"Army is making a vital contribution in extending
relief to consumers by establishing consumer centres for
selling vegetables at reasonable prices," the ministry said in
The army has started selling vegetables at 14 consumer
centres. They are located in Colombo and suburbs.
"Consumers will be able to purchase vegetables at
reasonable prices as the Army makes direct purchases of
vegetables from cultivators," it said.
Army will purchase the vegetable from farmers through
the Army camps and plan to sell them for consumers thus
minimising brokering by some vendors which pushes up the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan