Sri Lanka Army to sell vegetables!
Colombo: Sri Lanka Army, which led the
military campaign to crush the LTTE, has started selling
vegetables to tackle the war against rising cost of essential
commodities, the Defence Ministry said on Friday.
"Army is making a vital contribution in extending
relief to consumers by establishing consumer centres for
selling vegetables at reasonable prices," the ministry said in
The army has started selling vegetables at 14 consumer
centres. They are located in Colombo and suburbs.
"Consumers will be able to purchase vegetables at
reasonable prices as the Army makes direct purchases of
vegetables from cultivators," it said.
Army will purchase the vegetable from farmers through
the Army camps and plan to sell them for consumers thus
minimising brokering by some vendors which pushes up the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick