Sri Lanka Army to sell vegetables!
Colombo: Sri Lanka Army, which led the
military campaign to crush the LTTE, has started selling
vegetables to tackle the war against rising cost of essential
commodities, the Defence Ministry said on Friday.
"Army is making a vital contribution in extending
relief to consumers by establishing consumer centres for
selling vegetables at reasonable prices," the ministry said in
The army has started selling vegetables at 14 consumer
centres. They are located in Colombo and suburbs.
"Consumers will be able to purchase vegetables at
reasonable prices as the Army makes direct purchases of
vegetables from cultivators," it said.
Army will purchase the vegetable from farmers through
the Army camps and plan to sell them for consumers thus
minimising brokering by some vendors which pushes up the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption