Sri Lanka Prez Rajapaksa to visit China later this
Beijing: Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa would visit China later this month on the invitation of Chinese President Xi Jinping, the Foreign Ministry here said on Monday.
This will be Rajapaksa`s first visit after the new leadership took power in China.
His visit from May 27-30 is expected to further boost the emerging close ties between the two countries helped by billions of dollars of aid and assistance provided by Beijing to Colombo to develop its infrastructure.
China has assisted Sri Lanka in building the new port at Hambantota besides modernising the Colombo port.
China is also assisting Sri Lanka in various other infrastructure projects.
In his telephonic talks with Rajapaksa after taking office in March this year Xi assured Rajapaksa of all support to Colombo to safeguard its independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity, saying China would like to continue to provide assistance to Sri Lanka within its capacity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested