Surrender arms or face action: Malik to Taliban
Islamabad: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has warned the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) to surrender arms, failing which the government would launch offensive in North Waziristan.
"I ask Taliban to surrender arms otherwise government is determined to take campaign against terrorism to its logical conclusion," The Dawn quoted Malik, as saying.
Malik said the Taliban are operating from Afghan soil and on someone else`s instance.
"It is known that Maulana Fazlullah and Maulvi Faqir are operating from Kunar province of Afghanistan. It would not have been possible for them to carry out attacks on this side of the border, kill our people and take back their own injured without active foreign support," Malik said.
Earlier on Tuesday, TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan had claimed that the Pakistan Army had prepared a plan and was likely to launch an operation on August 26. He said the TTP had made preparations to counter the offensive.
"We have setup a Suicide Bombers Squad to welcome Army. We will defeat our enemy whom is defending secular, unIslamic system of Pakistan by punching them back hard InshaAllah," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof