Taliban bomber attacks US base in Afghanistan
London: At least three Afghan civilians and a Taliban suicide bomber were killed Wednesday when a minibus packed with explosives blew up near a US base in Afghanistan, BBC reported.
The suicide car bomber drove the minibus towards Camp Chapman in the southeastern city of Khost, but guards opened fire and the vehicle exploded near the entrance.
There were no casualties among the soldiers, but three Afghan guards and three passers-by were injured.
In a statement, the Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
Khost, which borders Pakistan`s volatile Waziristan region, has recently seen a rise in violence. In October, a suicide bomber killed 20 people, three of them NATO soldiers, in the city. In June, a suicide bomber killed 21 people, including three US soldiers and a local interpreter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II