Taliban plotted to kill Prince Harry in Afghanistan
London: Britain`s Prince Harry was the prime target of Taliban when he was serving with the British troops in Afghanistan, a media report said Saturday.
Taliban warlord Qari Nasrullah, in a secret interview to the Daily Mirror from Pakistan, said the Taliban made repeated attempts to capture and kill the prince.
"When your Prince (Harry) came here and flew his Apache helicopter and bombarded the Mujahideen it meant that our fighters did not exactly have a soft spot for him.
"As far as the Mujahideen were concerned he was just an ordinary soldier who was fighting for America. This is how we view him. He may well be a Prince in Britain, but to us he is merely a common soldier," the report quoted Nasrullah as saying.
"There were many plans to capture him but - maybe it was his good luck - he managed to escape," he added.
Fourth in line to the British throne, Harry was twice deployed in Afghanistan. His first tour in 2008 was cut short amid safety fears.
In 2012, Harry served in Afghanistan for the second time as an Apache helicopter pilot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?