Taliban say their bomb killed 6 US troops
Kabul: The Taliban are claiming responsibility for a roadside bombing that killed six NATO service members in eastern Afghanistan. They say the dead were all American troops.
Today`s statement from Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid says the soldiers died when their tank ran over the bomb around 8 pm (local time) yesterday in Wardak province, south of Kabul.
NATO would not disclose the nationalities of the service members killed, but Afghan officials said they were American.
Wardak provincial police chief Gen Abdul Qayum Baqizoi says that after the blast in Jalrez district, a coalition airstrike killed a local Taliban commander and wounded three insurgents.
Also in the east, authorities say a chief prosecutor in Ghazni province was assassinated today morning as he drove to work. The Taliban routinely target Afghan government officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender