Taliban say their bomb killed 6 US troops
Kabul: The Taliban are claiming responsibility for a roadside bombing that killed six NATO service members in eastern Afghanistan. They say the dead were all American troops.
Today`s statement from Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid says the soldiers died when their tank ran over the bomb around 8 pm (local time) yesterday in Wardak province, south of Kabul.
NATO would not disclose the nationalities of the service members killed, but Afghan officials said they were American.
Wardak provincial police chief Gen Abdul Qayum Baqizoi says that after the blast in Jalrez district, a coalition airstrike killed a local Taliban commander and wounded three insurgents.
Also in the east, authorities say a chief prosecutor in Ghazni province was assassinated today morning as he drove to work. The Taliban routinely target Afghan government officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam