Ten killed in violence in Karachi
Karachi: Violence returned to this
Pakistani city on Friday when at least 10 people were killed and
more than 12 others injured in fierce gun battle between two
Fresh violence erupted in the Khokrapar area where two
groups are engaged in a gun battle since early morning, police
At least 10 people have been killed in the violence.
A large contingent of Rangers personnel has cordoned off the
The Mutthaida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Sheikh Afzal
has said that the party had contacted the police, but it had
been informed that they did not have orders to enter the area.
Citizens Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) chief Ahmed
Chinoy said the situation in the city was under control and
law enforcement agencies were trying their best to maintain
In the month of July, around 150 people have been
killed in the city in ethnic and political violence and target
A senior member of the MQM, Raza Haroon, claimed that
criminal and terrorist elements were behind the latest
outbreak of violence.
"If this situation continues of innocent people and
our workers being killed everyday than perhaps people have a
right to defend themselves," Haroon a parliament member said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof