Top Chinese leader on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: Top Chinese legislator Wu Bangguo arrived on Saturday on a three-day official visit during which ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka.
Bangguo, Chairman of the Standing Committee of China`s National People`s Congress (NPC), was received at the airport by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa.
Bangguo becomes the second Chinese dignitary to visit Sri Lanka in two weeks.
General Liang Guanglie, the Chinese defence minister arrived here on September 1.
Ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka during the visit of the Chairman of the National People`s Congress, officials said.
China currently in Sri Lanka`s biggest lender with Chinese loans being utilised in Sri Lanka`s post conflict infrastructure development drive.
China funds the construction of an international airport and the port at Hambantota, the home base of the Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi