Top Chinese leader on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: Top Chinese legislator Wu Bangguo arrived on Saturday on a three-day official visit during which ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka.
Bangguo, Chairman of the Standing Committee of China`s National People`s Congress (NPC), was received at the airport by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa.
Bangguo becomes the second Chinese dignitary to visit Sri Lanka in two weeks.
General Liang Guanglie, the Chinese defence minister arrived here on September 1.
Ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka during the visit of the Chairman of the National People`s Congress, officials said.
China currently in Sri Lanka`s biggest lender with Chinese loans being utilised in Sri Lanka`s post conflict infrastructure development drive.
China funds the construction of an international airport and the port at Hambantota, the home base of the Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported