Top Chinese leader on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: Top Chinese legislator Wu Bangguo arrived on Saturday on a three-day official visit during which ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka.
Bangguo, Chairman of the Standing Committee of China`s National People`s Congress (NPC), was received at the airport by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa.
Bangguo becomes the second Chinese dignitary to visit Sri Lanka in two weeks.
General Liang Guanglie, the Chinese defence minister arrived here on September 1.
Ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka during the visit of the Chairman of the National People`s Congress, officials said.
China currently in Sri Lanka`s biggest lender with Chinese loans being utilised in Sri Lanka`s post conflict infrastructure development drive.
China funds the construction of an international airport and the port at Hambantota, the home base of the Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?