Top Chinese leader on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: Top Chinese legislator Wu Bangguo arrived on Saturday on a three-day official visit during which ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka.
Bangguo, Chairman of the Standing Committee of China`s National People`s Congress (NPC), was received at the airport by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa.
Bangguo becomes the second Chinese dignitary to visit Sri Lanka in two weeks.
General Liang Guanglie, the Chinese defence minister arrived here on September 1.
Ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka during the visit of the Chairman of the National People`s Congress, officials said.
China currently in Sri Lanka`s biggest lender with Chinese loans being utilised in Sri Lanka`s post conflict infrastructure development drive.
China funds the construction of an international airport and the port at Hambantota, the home base of the Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians