Top Chinese leader on Sri Lanka visit
Colombo: Top Chinese legislator Wu Bangguo arrived on Saturday on a three-day official visit during which ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka.
Bangguo, Chairman of the Standing Committee of China`s National People`s Congress (NPC), was received at the airport by Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa.
Bangguo becomes the second Chinese dignitary to visit Sri Lanka in two weeks.
General Liang Guanglie, the Chinese defence minister arrived here on September 1.
Ten agreements are to be signed between China and Sri Lanka during the visit of the Chairman of the National People`s Congress, officials said.
China currently in Sri Lanka`s biggest lender with Chinese loans being utilised in Sri Lanka`s post conflict infrastructure development drive.
China funds the construction of an international airport and the port at Hambantota, the home base of the Sri Lankan president Mahinda Rajapaksa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley