UK: Kayani discusses Afghan, military cooperation
London: Pakistan Army Chief, General Ashfaq
Parvez Kayani, on Tuesday met top British officials and discussed
defence issues of mutual interest, including bilateral
military cooperation and the current situation in war-torn
Kayani, who arrived here yesterday on an official visit,
held meetings with senior civil and military leaders,
including Minister of State for Defence Nick Harvey, National
Security Advisor Kim Darroch, Special Representative for
Afghanistan and Pakistan Mark Sedwill and Chief of Defence
Staff, General David Richards.
The meetings provided opportunity for a exchange of views
on a wide range of issues of mutual interest, including
bilateral defence cooperation and the situation in Afghanistan
amid the surge in violence in the restive nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'