US to cooperate with Pak on counter terrorism
Washington: The United States continues to
co-operate with Pakistan on counter-terrorism issues and all recent high-profile visits to Islamabad is geared towards this, the State Department has said.
"We continue to cooperate with Pakistan on
counter-terrorism and to try to work together as closely as we
can," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said.
"You saw all the visits that we have had to improve this
relationship and strengthen it, from the Secretary`s visit,
Admiral Mullen`s visit, to all of the working groups that
we’ve had," she said yesterday.
"So our efforts continue and we`re going to keep working at it," Nuland said in response to a question at her daily news conference.
Earlier in the day, the Pentagon refuted reports in
Pakistani media that it has demanded Pakistan to conduct
anti-terror operation in North Waziristan.
"We do not make demands on the Pakistani government and
military. They conduct their operation which is of their
choosing," Pentagon spokesman, Marine Corps Col Dave Lapan,
"We may have discussion with them which is of our common
goals and threats but we do not demand that they do things,"
Lapan said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!