US to cooperate with Pak on counter terrorism
Washington: The United States continues to
co-operate with Pakistan on counter-terrorism issues and all recent high-profile visits to Islamabad is geared towards this, the State Department has said.
"We continue to cooperate with Pakistan on
counter-terrorism and to try to work together as closely as we
can," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said.
"You saw all the visits that we have had to improve this
relationship and strengthen it, from the Secretary`s visit,
Admiral Mullen`s visit, to all of the working groups that
we’ve had," she said yesterday.
"So our efforts continue and we`re going to keep working at it," Nuland said in response to a question at her daily news conference.
Earlier in the day, the Pentagon refuted reports in
Pakistani media that it has demanded Pakistan to conduct
anti-terror operation in North Waziristan.
"We do not make demands on the Pakistani government and
military. They conduct their operation which is of their
choosing," Pentagon spokesman, Marine Corps Col Dave Lapan,
"We may have discussion with them which is of our common
goals and threats but we do not demand that they do things,"
Lapan said in response to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'