Will form coalition govt in terror-hit NW Pakistan: Imran Khan`s party
Zee Media Bureau
Peshawar: The cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party on Friday declared to lead a coalition government in the terror-hit northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The northwestern province of Pakistan is on the frontline of a nearly seven-year domestic Taliban insurgency and suffers near daily bomb and shooting attacks blamed on militants.
Keeping the situation in mind, Imran Khan has called for an end to military operations and peace talks with the Taliban, making his party`s victory in the northwest a significant development.
The secretary general of Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party Pervez Khattak, has been nominated as the provincial chief minister, party sources said.
While addressing a press conference in Peshawar Khattak said, "We will form a coalition government with Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and Qaumi Watan Party (QWP)."
Notably, during the recent General Elections Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf emerged as the largest party in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by securing 35 seats in the 99-member provincial assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29