Will form coalition govt in terror-hit NW Pakistan: Imran Khan`s party
Zee Media Bureau
Peshawar: The cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party on Friday declared to lead a coalition government in the terror-hit northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The northwestern province of Pakistan is on the frontline of a nearly seven-year domestic Taliban insurgency and suffers near daily bomb and shooting attacks blamed on militants.
Keeping the situation in mind, Imran Khan has called for an end to military operations and peace talks with the Taliban, making his party`s victory in the northwest a significant development.
The secretary general of Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party Pervez Khattak, has been nominated as the provincial chief minister, party sources said.
While addressing a press conference in Peshawar Khattak said, "We will form a coalition government with Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) and Qaumi Watan Party (QWP)."
Notably, during the recent General Elections Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf emerged as the largest party in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by securing 35 seats in the 99-member provincial assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!