Zardari calls for ``Fatwa`` against suicide attacks
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has appealed to Muslim scholars all over the world to issue a ``Fatwa`` against suicide attacks and against forces that support such attacks.
Zardari said Muslim countries needed to fight collectively against suicide bombings and the mindset that promoted them, reports The News.
Zardari said unity and solidarity of the Muslim community was critical to development and progress, and the Muslim world must use its collective strength to defend just Islamic causes.
The president said Pakistan had lost over 40,000 lives, including over 6500 personnel of security forces, in the fight against terrorism with material losses worth 80 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’