Zardari calls for ``Fatwa`` against suicide attacks
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has appealed to Muslim scholars all over the world to issue a ``Fatwa`` against suicide attacks and against forces that support such attacks.
Zardari said Muslim countries needed to fight collectively against suicide bombings and the mindset that promoted them, reports The News.
Zardari said unity and solidarity of the Muslim community was critical to development and progress, and the Muslim world must use its collective strength to defend just Islamic causes.
The president said Pakistan had lost over 40,000 lives, including over 6500 personnel of security forces, in the fight against terrorism with material losses worth 80 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader