Five planets to be visible in rare celestial event
Hyderabad: In a rare celestial coincidence, as many as five planets including Saturn will be visible in the night for two weeks starting from February 23.
"The planets that would be visible to naked eye are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. Mars and Saturn are already visible without any optical aids....Mars can be seen in the East with the naked eye while Venus could be spotted towards west after sunset till 9 pm and Jupiter can be seen above Venus till 11 pm (during two weeks)," Arvind Paranjape, Director of Mumbai-based Nehru Planetarium said.
Mars is in Leo constellation and rises about an hour after the sunset in the eastern horizon. It can be identified by its reddish hue and will be seen almost throughout the night and gradually moving closer to star Regulus (Magha). In the coming days Saturn will be seen in the east close to midnight, he said.
Uranus which is normally faint in appearance will be close to Venus and hence can easily be spotted without help of any specialised maps, Paranjape added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’