Geniuses predict how our world could end
Melbourne: Some of the world`s geniuses have come together to draw up some real-life doomsday scenarios - and work out how mankind could avoid getting wiped out.
The members of the Cambridge Centre for the Study of Existential Risk, led by Astronomer Royal Martin Rees and including Stephen Hawking , have said that the once the threats are identified they intend to devise methods to protect mankind, News.com.au reported.
The group has said that the world could end through cyber attacks, where the networks collapse due to action by enemy nations or terrorists, the paralysis could result in society breaking down.
Engineered infection was also labelled as a threat to world.
Fast-spreading pandemic was another doomsday event and even asteroid impact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31