Geniuses predict how our world could end
Melbourne: Some of the world`s geniuses have come together to draw up some real-life doomsday scenarios - and work out how mankind could avoid getting wiped out.
The members of the Cambridge Centre for the Study of Existential Risk, led by Astronomer Royal Martin Rees and including Stephen Hawking , have said that the once the threats are identified they intend to devise methods to protect mankind, News.com.au reported.
The group has said that the world could end through cyber attacks, where the networks collapse due to action by enemy nations or terrorists, the paralysis could result in society breaking down.
Engineered infection was also labelled as a threat to world.
Fast-spreading pandemic was another doomsday event and even asteroid impact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur