Geniuses predict how our world could end
Melbourne: Some of the world`s geniuses have come together to draw up some real-life doomsday scenarios - and work out how mankind could avoid getting wiped out.
The members of the Cambridge Centre for the Study of Existential Risk, led by Astronomer Royal Martin Rees and including Stephen Hawking , have said that the once the threats are identified they intend to devise methods to protect mankind, News.com.au reported.
The group has said that the world could end through cyber attacks, where the networks collapse due to action by enemy nations or terrorists, the paralysis could result in society breaking down.
Engineered infection was also labelled as a threat to world.
Fast-spreading pandemic was another doomsday event and even asteroid impact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab