Last full moon of 2012 rises today
Washington: The last full moon of 2012 will rise into the night sky on Friday morning, December 28, at 5:21 a.m. EST (1021 GMT).
The full moon is actually an instantaneous event when the moon is exactly opposite the sun in the Earth’s sky.
The full moon of December is called the oak moon. Other names are frost moon, winter moon, long night’s moon, and moon before Yule. In Hindi it is known as margashirsha poornima.
But to the naked eye, the moon will look full for a couple of days on either side of that time.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview