Last full moon of 2012 rises today
Washington: The last full moon of 2012 will rise into the night sky on Friday morning, December 28, at 5:21 a.m. EST (1021 GMT).
The full moon is actually an instantaneous event when the moon is exactly opposite the sun in the Earth’s sky.
The full moon of December is called the oak moon. Other names are frost moon, winter moon, long night’s moon, and moon before Yule. In Hindi it is known as margashirsha poornima.
But to the naked eye, the moon will look full for a couple of days on either side of that time.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016