Mysterious object seen refuelling from Sun
London: An orbiting NASA space telescope has captured the footage of a planet-sized object flying close to the sun, and extending a "refuelling tube" into the sun`s surface.
The black orb later flies off into space, the Daily Mail reported.
The video captured by NASA`s Solar Dynamics Observatory and put on YouTube has inspired a wave of speculation.
A YouTube user has challenged experts to explain the strange object.
However, the US space agency had an ordinary explanation.
It said it was not a visitor from another solar system, or a planet being born out of the surface of the sun.
It was a solar "filament" -- a feature extending out from the sun which forms over the course of a day, and can extend thousands of miles into space.
NASA says: "A solar prominence (also known as a filament) is a large, bright feature extending outward from the sun`s surface. Prominences are anchored to the sun`s surface and extend outwards into the sun`s hot outer atmosphere, called the corona.
"Scientists are still researching how and why prominences are formed. An erupting prominence occurs when such a structure becomes unstable and bursts outward, releasing the plasma."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'