Orbital Sciences to launch Antares rocket
Washington: Orbital Sciences, one of two private US firms chosen by NASA to shuttle cargo to the International Space Station, will make a new attempt to launch a first test flight of its Antares rocket.
The new planned launch, which the company announced yesterday, came after an attempt was scrubbed on Wednesday because of technical problems.
The new launch time is set for 5 pm (2100 GMT) today from the Wallops flight facility on an island off the coast of the state of Virginia, some 270 kilometers from Washington.
If for some reason it is not possible to carry out Saturday`s launch, the company could make an attempt Sunday at the same time, officials at Orbital Sciences said.
The Antares rocket, a two-stage launch vehicle 40 meters tall and 3.9 meters in diameter, is set to hit an orbit of 249 kilometers some 10 minutes after take-off.
A USD 1.9 billion contract requires Orbital Sciences to deliver freight to the ISS over the course of eight flights by the beginning of 2016.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened