100 boats damaged, rooftops blown away in storm
Rameswaram: About 100 mechanised boats
anchored along the coast here were damaged and rooftops of
many houses blown away in 80 km strong winds and heavy rain
that lashed the town.
Assistant Director of Fisheries Training, Xavier told
reporters after visiting the area last night that the boats
had been smashed to pieces as they were tossed about by the
wind and rough seas.
"Each boat costs Rs 10 lakh and it will cost about Rs
four lakh to repair them," he said.
The Fishermen Association President Yesurajan said it was
a double blow for them as they were still mourning the death
of four fishermen, allegedly killed by Sri Lankan naval
personnel and whose bodies were found recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands