15 child labourers rescued
Salem (TN): Fifteen children from Bihar who
fled from a bakery unit after allegedly working as bonded
labourers have been rescued, an NGO on Saturday claimed.
The boys, all in the age group of 12-17 years hail from
Mangalpur near Patna in Bihar and allegedly worked in a
biscuit bakery at Bangalore as bonded labourers, Salem Child
Line activists said.
They had escaped from the bakery and were going to
Tirupur to work in another factory when a Child Line activist
spotted and rescued them at the Salem junction yesterday.
The activist informed the NGO and the boys were then
taken to a local rescue centre-Anbu Illam.
Tamil Nadu Social Welfare officer S Sivagandhi said the
children will be handed over to their parents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video