17 injured in bomb attack in Tamil Nadu
Madurai: Seventeen people were injured, three seriously, when some persons hurled petrol bombs at the car in which they were travelling at Puliankulam in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The occupants belonging to the Thevar community were returning after attending the 105th birth anniversary celebrations of freedom fighter and Thevar community icon Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar when they were attacked late last night.
The assailants, hiding behind some bushes, hurled three petrol bombs which exploded and the car caught fire.
Three persons suffered serious burns, police said.
The injured have been hospitalised.
Police have been deployed at the government hospital where some of the injured have been admitted.
Meanwhile, advocates of the Madurai district court held a demonstration at Goripalayam demanding arrest of those who hurled the bombs.
The car has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000