17 injured in bomb attack in Tamil Nadu
Madurai: Seventeen people were injured, three seriously, when some persons hurled petrol bombs at the car in which they were travelling at Puliankulam in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The occupants belonging to the Thevar community were returning after attending the 105th birth anniversary celebrations of freedom fighter and Thevar community icon Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar when they were attacked late last night.
The assailants, hiding behind some bushes, hurled three petrol bombs which exploded and the car caught fire.
Three persons suffered serious burns, police said.
The injured have been hospitalised.
Police have been deployed at the government hospital where some of the injured have been admitted.
Meanwhile, advocates of the Madurai district court held a demonstration at Goripalayam demanding arrest of those who hurled the bombs.
The car has been seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter