20 people returns to TN arrive from strife-torn Libya
Chennai: Twenty people hailing from Tamil Nadu, who were part of a group of Indians airlifted from Libya to Delhi, arrived here on Sunday by a special aircraft and recounted their ordeal in the strife-torn country.
"We did not go out for eight days and were wondering when we will be able to get back...I thank the Centre and Tamil Nadu Government for taking steps to bring us back," Madhu, who works in a private firm in Libya, told reporters at
India has brought back over 530 of its nationals by two special Air India planes. While the first flight evacuated 291 Indians from Libya and brought them back to Delhi late last night, another Air India plane carrying over 235 people
landed in the wee hours.
While those living in Chennai left for their respective destinations, those hailing from other parts of the state were transported in separate buses.
They were received by senior government officials at the airport.
The Tamil Nadu government has directed district collectors to ensure that evacuees reach their respective towns safely on arrival to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...