20 people returns to TN arrive from strife-torn Libya
Chennai: Twenty people hailing from Tamil Nadu, who were part of a group of Indians airlifted from Libya to Delhi, arrived here on Sunday by a special aircraft and recounted their ordeal in the strife-torn country.
"We did not go out for eight days and were wondering when we will be able to get back...I thank the Centre and Tamil Nadu Government for taking steps to bring us back," Madhu, who works in a private firm in Libya, told reporters at
India has brought back over 530 of its nationals by two special Air India planes. While the first flight evacuated 291 Indians from Libya and brought them back to Delhi late last night, another Air India plane carrying over 235 people
landed in the wee hours.
While those living in Chennai left for their respective destinations, those hailing from other parts of the state were transported in separate buses.
They were received by senior government officials at the airport.
The Tamil Nadu government has directed district collectors to ensure that evacuees reach their respective towns safely on arrival to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'