3 teenaged girls tied to lamp post, beaten by public in Tamil Nadu
Salem: In a shocking incident, three teenaged girls were tied to a lamp post and badly beaten up by the public on suspicion of having stolen Rs 1,000 from a textile shop here, police said.
The girls were rescued by police and hospitalised.
Police said the girls came to the shop some days back and enquired about some dresses they had given for stitching, to which the owner said he did not recall seeing them before.
They insisted they had given it to his wife, upon which he went to check it up with her. On his return, he found Rs 1,000 in the cash box missing.
Since it was a small amount he did not file a complaint with police, they said.
This morning he spotted the girls walking down the street and alerted the public.
The girls were caught, tied to a lamp post and thrashed before they were rescued by police.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro