3 teenaged girls tied to lamp post, beaten by public in Tamil Nadu
Salem: In a shocking incident, three teenaged girls were tied to a lamp post and badly beaten up by the public on suspicion of having stolen Rs 1,000 from a textile shop here, police said.
The girls were rescued by police and hospitalised.
Police said the girls came to the shop some days back and enquired about some dresses they had given for stitching, to which the owner said he did not recall seeing them before.
They insisted they had given it to his wife, upon which he went to check it up with her. On his return, he found Rs 1,000 in the cash box missing.
Since it was a small amount he did not file a complaint with police, they said.
This morning he spotted the girls walking down the street and alerted the public.
The girls were caught, tied to a lamp post and thrashed before they were rescued by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'