3 teenaged girls tied to lamp post, beaten by public in Tamil Nadu
Salem: In a shocking incident, three teenaged girls were tied to a lamp post and badly beaten up by the public on suspicion of having stolen Rs 1,000 from a textile shop here, police said.
The girls were rescued by police and hospitalised.
Police said the girls came to the shop some days back and enquired about some dresses they had given for stitching, to which the owner said he did not recall seeing them before.
They insisted they had given it to his wife, upon which he went to check it up with her. On his return, he found Rs 1,000 in the cash box missing.
Since it was a small amount he did not file a complaint with police, they said.
This morning he spotted the girls walking down the street and alerted the public.
The girls were caught, tied to a lamp post and thrashed before they were rescued by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!