AIADMK councillor, husband hacked to death
Virudhunagar (TN): A seven-member gang hacked to death a 45-year-old woman councillor belonging to AIADMK and her husband near here on Wednesday night, police said.
Police said Dhanapandiammal and her husband were on their way to a temple on a two-wheeler,when the gang members who had followed them in a car,knocked them down and attacked them.
The Virudhunagar municipality councillor died on the spot, while her 50-year-old husband S R Nagarajan, an AIADMK functionary,succumbed to his injuries en route to hospital.
Shops in the town were closed down following the incident. Police are maintaining strict vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony
- Vitara Brezza, Innova make it to top 10 best selling passenger vehicles in May
- Mohammad Anas shatters national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics men's 400m race