Allocate power generated from Koondankulam plant to TN: AIADMK
New Delhi: To address power crisis in Tamil Nadu, AIADMK today asked the Centre to consider allocation of entire 1,000 MW power to be generated from Koondankulam Nuclear Power Plant.
"Koondankulam Nuclear Power Plant with a capacity of 1,000 MW is ready for commission...Consider allocation of entire power to Tamil Nadu to tide over power crisis in the state," AIADMK member A Elavarasan said in a Special Mention in the Rajya Sabha.
The state is facing power crisis due to failure of southwest monsoon. Demand-supply gap is 4,000 MW, which is highest so far. As a result, agriculture sector is affected, he said.
He also asked the government to make available 1,000 MW to the state.
At present, the first unit of the commercial operation of 1,000 MW has almost been completed and the commission is expected to take place in January.
Jaya Bachchan (SP) wanted the government to remove cap on subsidised LPG cylinders, while Bharatkumar Raut (SS) demanded a postal stamp to commemorate the birthday of Balasaheb Thackeray.
Ali Anwar Ansari (JD-U) demanded a concrete policy to rehabilitate and grant compensation to innocent Muslims imprisoned on the charges of terrorism.
Dilip Kumar Tirkey (BJD) asked the government to declare hockey as the national game, while C M Ramesh (TDP) sought removal of anomaly with regard to fixing eligibility for IIT entrance exam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!