Allocate power generated from Koondankulam plant to TN: AIADMK
New Delhi: To address power crisis in Tamil Nadu, AIADMK today asked the Centre to consider allocation of entire 1,000 MW power to be generated from Koondankulam Nuclear Power Plant.
"Koondankulam Nuclear Power Plant with a capacity of 1,000 MW is ready for commission...Consider allocation of entire power to Tamil Nadu to tide over power crisis in the state," AIADMK member A Elavarasan said in a Special Mention in the Rajya Sabha.
The state is facing power crisis due to failure of southwest monsoon. Demand-supply gap is 4,000 MW, which is highest so far. As a result, agriculture sector is affected, he said.
He also asked the government to make available 1,000 MW to the state.
At present, the first unit of the commercial operation of 1,000 MW has almost been completed and the commission is expected to take place in January.
Jaya Bachchan (SP) wanted the government to remove cap on subsidised LPG cylinders, while Bharatkumar Raut (SS) demanded a postal stamp to commemorate the birthday of Balasaheb Thackeray.
Ali Anwar Ansari (JD-U) demanded a concrete policy to rehabilitate and grant compensation to innocent Muslims imprisoned on the charges of terrorism.
Dilip Kumar Tirkey (BJD) asked the government to declare hockey as the national game, while C M Ramesh (TDP) sought removal of anomaly with regard to fixing eligibility for IIT entrance exam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive