Another DMDK functionary resigns from party, joins DMK
Chennai: A senior DMDK leader on Friday joined DMK, giving further jolt to the Vijayakant-led party whose seven MLAs have already shifted loyalty to ruling AIADMK.
DMDK Deputy General Secretary and former MP, S Austin, who had fallen out of favour with Vijayakant, joined DMK in the presence of party chief M Karunanidhi.
Austin was accompanied by over 50 other DMDK functionaries including district office-bearers, a DMK release said.
Austin, who had been initially with AIADMK, is a former Rajya Sabha MP and also an ex-MLA. He had resigned from DMDK, the main opposition party in the state Assembly, recently.
Though DMDK has 29 MLAs in the 234-member House, seven of the party MLAs had shifted loyalty to AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa. They had met her at different points of time seeking her help for constituency-related work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef