AP to release 4 tmc ft of Krishna water to Chennai
Madurai: Chennai could well manage its summer water requirement with ease this year with the city all set to receive its share from Krishna river under an agreement with neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said that consequent to her writing to her Andhra Pradesh counterpart Kiran Kumar Reddy in March, the latter had promised release of four tmc ft during the summer starting May 20, 2012.
"The water released from Kandaleru reservoir will reach Tamil Nadu border on May 30. This will help meet Chennai`s water requirements during this year`s summer," she said in an official statement.
As per the original agreement inked between the two states, Andhra Pradesh has to provide 12 tmc ft of water every year to Tamil Nadu from the Kandaleru reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss