AP to release 4 tmc ft of Krishna water to Chennai
Madurai: Chennai could well manage its summer water requirement with ease this year with the city all set to receive its share from Krishna river under an agreement with neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said that consequent to her writing to her Andhra Pradesh counterpart Kiran Kumar Reddy in March, the latter had promised release of four tmc ft during the summer starting May 20, 2012.
"The water released from Kandaleru reservoir will reach Tamil Nadu border on May 30. This will help meet Chennai`s water requirements during this year`s summer," she said in an official statement.
As per the original agreement inked between the two states, Andhra Pradesh has to provide 12 tmc ft of water every year to Tamil Nadu from the Kandaleru reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir