AP to release 4 tmc ft of Krishna water to Chennai
Madurai: Chennai could well manage its summer water requirement with ease this year with the city all set to receive its share from Krishna river under an agreement with neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said that consequent to her writing to her Andhra Pradesh counterpart Kiran Kumar Reddy in March, the latter had promised release of four tmc ft during the summer starting May 20, 2012.
"The water released from Kandaleru reservoir will reach Tamil Nadu border on May 30. This will help meet Chennai`s water requirements during this year`s summer," she said in an official statement.
As per the original agreement inked between the two states, Andhra Pradesh has to provide 12 tmc ft of water every year to Tamil Nadu from the Kandaleru reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened