AP to release 4 tmc ft of Krishna water to Chennai
Madurai: Chennai could well manage its summer water requirement with ease this year with the city all set to receive its share from Krishna river under an agreement with neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said that consequent to her writing to her Andhra Pradesh counterpart Kiran Kumar Reddy in March, the latter had promised release of four tmc ft during the summer starting May 20, 2012.
"The water released from Kandaleru reservoir will reach Tamil Nadu border on May 30. This will help meet Chennai`s water requirements during this year`s summer," she said in an official statement.
As per the original agreement inked between the two states, Andhra Pradesh has to provide 12 tmc ft of water every year to Tamil Nadu from the Kandaleru reservoir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad