Arun Jaitley meets Jayalalithaa
Chennai: BJP leader Arun Jaitley on Tuesday met
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and discussed several
issues of "common interest".
Jaitley`s meeting with the AIADMK supremo assumes
significance against the backdrop of the forthcoming
Presidential Elections where the regional parties are likely
to play a crucial role.
While reports suggested that Congress could be cosying up
to Jayalalithaa, there was speculation that BJP may also make
attempts to woo her.
Jaitley, however, said that it was a courtesy call.
"Obviously we discussed several issues of common interest
and currently one of the common interest issues between
several political parties is the issue of federalism which we
find is being seriously encroached by the Central government",
he told reporters after his meeting with Jayalalithaa.
Replying to a question, Jaitley said the stand of some
Chief Ministers on the National Counter Terrorism Centre
(NCTC) and that of BJP was a common one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok