ASI employee convicted in disproportionate assets
Chennai: A CBI court here on Wednesday convicted an employee of Archaeological Survey of India to two years` rigorous imprisonment in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
Additional Special Judge for CBI cases T Ravindran convicted Dilip Singh Bhonsle, Conversion Assistant Grade-II in the office of Senior Conversion Assistant, ASI, Mamallapuram Sub Circle, a CBI release here said.
Bhonsle was accused of amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income between 2000-2007 "by abusing his official position".
During investigation it was established that during 2000- 2007 Bhonsle had acquired movable and immovable assets to the tune of 176.24 per cent of his known sources of income and CBI filed chargesheet against him under differect sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, the agency said.
On completion of the trial today, the judge sentenced him to two years` RI and imposed a total fine of Rs 30,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH