Auditor Ramesh`s brother moves HC seeking police protection
Chennai: Brother of V Ramesh alias "Auditor" Ramesh, who was BJP Tamil Nadu unit General Secretary and brutally murdered in Salem July last year, on Thursday moved the Madras High Court seeking a direction to police to restore the protection to him and to eyewitnesses in the killing.
On a petition by V Seshadri, Justice B Rajendran ordered issue of notice to government pleader Gunasekharan and posted the matter for March 24.
A Special Investigation Team was constituted under the State CB-CID department to inquire the murder and they arrested some of the members of a terror group.
According to petitioner the prime accused in the murder case is yet to be arrested and local elements in and around Salem, who helped for committing murder, are yet to be traced.
He submitted that soon after the murder, police protection was provided to him and to the widow of Ramesh.
However, suddenly "without any reason" on February 28, immediately after shifting of Commissioner of Police, Salem City, the protection given to them was withdrawn.
He contended that when the prime accused in the case is yet to be arrested and those who helped the outfit in the murder were yet to be traced, withdrawal of police protection would be danger.
There is every possibility that the group which murdered his brother will target them, he submitted and prayed for a direction to police and the government to restore the security to them.
The 52-year-old Ramesh was hacked to death by unidentified assailants near his house on July 19 last year with sharp-edged weapons near his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued