Bank robbery: Police announces reward for hints
Chennai: Two days after a nationalised bank
was robbed of Rs 19 lakh by a four-member gang in the city
outskirts, Chennai Police on Wednesday announced rewards for those
giving information to help them nab the robbers.
"Public with even small inputs in connection with the
bank robbery can call 9884203821 round the clock," a police
release said, adding, the name, address and other details of
the informer will be kept confidential.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the gang members
struck at the Bank of Baroda Branch at Perungudi around 2 pm
on January 23, threatened the cashier reportedly with guns,
collected the money, locked other visitors in a room, before
decamping with the booty.
Two of the four spoke in Hindi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray