Bank robbery: Police announces reward for hints
Chennai: Two days after a nationalised bank
was robbed of Rs 19 lakh by a four-member gang in the city
outskirts, Chennai Police on Wednesday announced rewards for those
giving information to help them nab the robbers.
"Public with even small inputs in connection with the
bank robbery can call 9884203821 round the clock," a police
release said, adding, the name, address and other details of
the informer will be kept confidential.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the gang members
struck at the Bank of Baroda Branch at Perungudi around 2 pm
on January 23, threatened the cashier reportedly with guns,
collected the money, locked other visitors in a room, before
decamping with the booty.
Two of the four spoke in Hindi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions