Bank robbery: Police announces reward for hints
Chennai: Two days after a nationalised bank
was robbed of Rs 19 lakh by a four-member gang in the city
outskirts, Chennai Police on Wednesday announced rewards for those
giving information to help them nab the robbers.
"Public with even small inputs in connection with the
bank robbery can call 9884203821 round the clock," a police
release said, adding, the name, address and other details of
the informer will be kept confidential.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the gang members
struck at the Bank of Baroda Branch at Perungudi around 2 pm
on January 23, threatened the cashier reportedly with guns,
collected the money, locked other visitors in a room, before
decamping with the booty.
Two of the four spoke in Hindi, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan