BJP says seat-sharing talks `almost over` in TN
Chennai: BJP today said its seat-sharing talks with allies in Tamil Nadu for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls was "almost over" and expressed hope that the party-led alliance will win `majority` seats in the state.
"This alliance will fight elections and win majority seats in Tamil Nadu. Regarding the declaration of seats and candidates, the consultation process is almost complete; almost 99.5 percent work is over," party`s senior leader and in-charge of party`s state affairs Muralidhar Rao said.
Speaking to reporters at the BJP headquarters here, he indicated that party president Rajnath Singh would release the list of seats to be contested by BJP and its allies -- DMDK, MDMK, PMK, IJK and KMDK, later this week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists