CBI files case against former AIADMK minister
Madurai: CBI has registered a case against a
former AIADMK minister and 13 others for allegedly cheating a
nationalised bank to the tune of over Rs 82 lakh by availing
loans in violation of norms during 2007-09.
The case has been filed against Dr Ammamuthu Pillai, who
was a minister in the Jayalalithaa cabinet during 1991-96,
then Chief Manager of Indian Overseas Bank`s Palayamkottai
branch in Tirunelveli District, businessman SP
Shenbagamoorthy and others.
CBI officials said the bank manager G Balasubraman had
entered into a criminal conspiracy with Pillai and
Shenbagamoorthy, and abusing his official position had
"dishonestly" sanctioned and disbursed cash credits without
following norms and procedures besides accepting false
In its FIR, CBI said Shenbagamoorthy, proprietor of
Pavana Steels, had submitted an application on February 20,
2009 for sanction of credit limit of Rs 95 lakhs to his firm.
Balasubramanian had "dishonestly" processed the
application and sanctioned cash credit limit under a trade
finance scheme on March 2, 2009 without complying with the
instructions of the bank`s regional office.
The bank official had also allowed withdrawal of the
entire money of Rs 82,34,155 through cash and third party
account transfers. The money was diverted for the misuse of
Pillai and one N Kalyanasundaram, the FIR said.
Six other fraudulent loan disbursements were also cited
in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM