CBI raids city dental college in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: The CBI on Wednesday raided a dental college here as part of its investigation into the bribe scam involving Dental Council of India members for granting approval of certain courses.
Police said a five-member team from CBI raided the Sri Ramakrishna Dental College and hospital to verify documents.
A hospital spokesperson said the records of the college, started in 2000, are very clear and straight. This could be a routine check by the agency in the backdrop of the bribery charges against a DCI member, he said.
CBI had on January 7 last registered a case against DCI member Dr S Murukesan for allegedly demanding Rs one crore from Adhiparasakthi Dental College and Hospital at Melmaruvathur near Chennai to get the body`s approval for the PG course. He had also received Rs 25 lakh as the first instalment, the agency alleged.
On February 26, Madras High Court had granted anticipatory bail to three administrators of a trust running the college -- its CEO Lakshmi, G B Senthil Kumar and G B Anbalagan of Adhiparasakthi Trust set up by self-styled godman Bangaru Adigalar of Melmaruvathur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days