Civic authorities seals Karunanidhi’s grand-daughter`s building
Coimbatore: Civic authorities on Monday sealed a commercial complex owned by the granddaughter of DMK patriarch M Karunanidhi on the ground that it was an "illegal construction".
Officials of the Town Planning department sealed the two- storey building which housed a two-wheeler showroom, on the busy Avanashi Road, officials said.
They said the building owned by Poonkolali, Karunanidhi`s granddaughter, was constructed without securing a licence to build it.
However the owners rejected the contention and asserted that they have already obtained a stay from Madras High Court.
The City Corporation is currently on a drive to demolish and seal illegal buildings built in violation of rules and which have not adopted safety measures, following the death of four women in a major fire at a commercial complex on April 25.
The building owners, when contacted, termed the officials` action as "contempt of court".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police