CM orders fee concession in Annamalai University
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Monday ordered provision of tuition fee concession to first generation graduate students of Annamalai University.
The move would benefit 1,150 students, mostly belonging to families of farm labourers who have joined the university to pursue various courses, an official release here said.
The Chief Minister has allocated Rs 1.66 Crore for providing fee concession, the release added.
Last year, the university was brought under government control through an enactment in the State legislature after allegations of mismanagement and abuse of power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof