Dilshan murder: Rtd Army officer in custody
Chennai: A retired Army officer was taken
into custody on Sunday in connection with the killing of a
13-year-old boy after he had trespassed into an army premises
here on Sunday last, police said.
The CB-CID investigating the incident took a retired Lt
Colonel into custody for questioning when he was about to
leave for Madurai, they said.
A weapon allegedly used to commit the crime was recovered
from the Coouam river here, they added.
Dilshan, residing at Indira Gandhi Nagar adjacent to the
army quarters in the Island Grounds locality, was shot dead
when he tried to pluck almond from the army residential area.
The victim`s family had alleged he was shot by an army man.
The postmortem report had earlier established that a
bullet killed Dilshan when he scaled the Army campus.
Earlier, an Army officer of the rank of Lt Colonel and
some others were questioned in the past few days in connection
with the incident.
The army here had earlier said all its personnel in the
vicinity of the spot of Sunday`s incident and the civilian
security guard on duty in the compound, who could throw any
light on the incident, had been made available for joint
investigations by military police and CB-CID.
Army authorities had also said they were providing `full
assistance` to CB-CID and that no guilty person would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch