District judge in TN suspended for attending AIADMK meeting
Namakkal (TN): A judge of a subordinate court in Tamil Nadu has been suspended by the Madras High Court for allegedly attending the meeting of ruling AIADMK`s local unit.
The order suspending principal district judge N Velu was issued by the Madras High Court Registrar General on January 18 pending inquiry into complaints, high court sources said.
The judge had on December 15 attended Namakkal AIADMK Parliamentary Constituency consultancy meeting here in which five ministers participated.
When reporters had asked him about his presence at the party meeting, the judge had said he attended the meeting beyond his duty hours.
Photographs of his presence at the meeting and messages were sent to the High Court which suspended the judge pending an inquiry.
The sources said the Karur principal district judge, given additional charge of Namakkal, has assumed charge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference