District judge in TN suspended for attending AIADMK meeting
Namakkal (TN): A judge of a subordinate court in Tamil Nadu has been suspended by the Madras High Court for allegedly attending the meeting of ruling AIADMK`s local unit.
The order suspending principal district judge N Velu was issued by the Madras High Court Registrar General on January 18 pending inquiry into complaints, high court sources said.
The judge had on December 15 attended Namakkal AIADMK Parliamentary Constituency consultancy meeting here in which five ministers participated.
When reporters had asked him about his presence at the party meeting, the judge had said he attended the meeting beyond his duty hours.
Photographs of his presence at the meeting and messages were sent to the High Court which suspended the judge pending an inquiry.
The sources said the Karur principal district judge, given additional charge of Namakkal, has assumed charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand