District judge in TN suspended for attending AIADMK meeting
Namakkal (TN): A judge of a subordinate court in Tamil Nadu has been suspended by the Madras High Court for allegedly attending the meeting of ruling AIADMK`s local unit.
The order suspending principal district judge N Velu was issued by the Madras High Court Registrar General on January 18 pending inquiry into complaints, high court sources said.
The judge had on December 15 attended Namakkal AIADMK Parliamentary Constituency consultancy meeting here in which five ministers participated.
When reporters had asked him about his presence at the party meeting, the judge had said he attended the meeting beyond his duty hours.
Photographs of his presence at the meeting and messages were sent to the High Court which suspended the judge pending an inquiry.
The sources said the Karur principal district judge, given additional charge of Namakkal, has assumed charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh