District judge in TN suspended for attending AIADMK meeting
Namakkal (TN): A judge of a subordinate court in Tamil Nadu has been suspended by the Madras High Court for allegedly attending the meeting of ruling AIADMK`s local unit.
The order suspending principal district judge N Velu was issued by the Madras High Court Registrar General on January 18 pending inquiry into complaints, high court sources said.
The judge had on December 15 attended Namakkal AIADMK Parliamentary Constituency consultancy meeting here in which five ministers participated.
When reporters had asked him about his presence at the party meeting, the judge had said he attended the meeting beyond his duty hours.
Photographs of his presence at the meeting and messages were sent to the High Court which suspended the judge pending an inquiry.
The sources said the Karur principal district judge, given additional charge of Namakkal, has assumed charge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!