District judge in TN suspended for attending AIADMK meeting
Namakkal (TN): A judge of a subordinate court in Tamil Nadu has been suspended by the Madras High Court for allegedly attending the meeting of ruling AIADMK`s local unit.
The order suspending principal district judge N Velu was issued by the Madras High Court Registrar General on January 18 pending inquiry into complaints, high court sources said.
The judge had on December 15 attended Namakkal AIADMK Parliamentary Constituency consultancy meeting here in which five ministers participated.
When reporters had asked him about his presence at the party meeting, the judge had said he attended the meeting beyond his duty hours.
Photographs of his presence at the meeting and messages were sent to the High Court which suspended the judge pending an inquiry.
The sources said the Karur principal district judge, given additional charge of Namakkal, has assumed charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70