DMK councillor among 4 held for murder of 6-year-old boy
Madurai: A DMK municipal councillor is
among four persons arrested in connection with the murder of a
six-year-old boy over a land dispute.
Councillor Selvaraj of nearby Melur, the prime accused
in the murder of the boy on November 16, was arrested along
with three of his accomplices last evening, police said Monday.
All the four were produced before a judicial
magistrate court and remanded to custody.
Kishorekumar, son of Rajkumar and Sujitha, was
murdered in Malampatti near Melur. Sujitha was living with her
mother, Lalitha for some years due to some misunderstanding
with her husband.
Lalitha had gone to Malampatti along with Kishorekumar
for reconciliation of a dispute over land owned by her late
husband and allegedly encroached by one Packiam. During heated
arguments, the aides of Packiam murdered the boy in front of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal