Doctor booked for removing woman`s kidney without permission
Theni (TN): A case has been registered against a doctor here after a 42-year-old woman complained that her kidney was removed allegedly by him, on the pretext of operating her for hernia.
Police said on Thursday the doctor, Sekar, who was running a private clinic, had asked the woman, a farm worker, to get operated for hernia, and took her to a private hospital where the surgery was done.
However, even after the operation, she continued to have pain and got herself admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital here but as there was no Nephrology specialist, she was referred to the government hospital at Madurai, police said.
The doctor at Madurai hospital told her that she had cervical cancer. She was admitted to a private hospital where a scan revealed that one of her kidneys was missing.
When doctors asked her, the woman denied that she had donated her kidney and told them that she only underwent an hernia operation at Gudalur.
Following a complaint from her husband, police registered a case against Sekar for violating Organ Transplantation rules and were searching for him, sources said.
The doctor had allegedly cheated many patients one way or the other as most of them were illiterate farm workers, police said, adding, they had sent a team to Kerala to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what