Doctor booked for removing woman`s kidney without permission
Theni (TN): A case has been registered against a doctor here after a 42-year-old woman complained that her kidney was removed allegedly by him, on the pretext of operating her for hernia.
Police said on Thursday the doctor, Sekar, who was running a private clinic, had asked the woman, a farm worker, to get operated for hernia, and took her to a private hospital where the surgery was done.
However, even after the operation, she continued to have pain and got herself admitted to the Government Medical College Hospital here but as there was no Nephrology specialist, she was referred to the government hospital at Madurai, police said.
The doctor at Madurai hospital told her that she had cervical cancer. She was admitted to a private hospital where a scan revealed that one of her kidneys was missing.
When doctors asked her, the woman denied that she had donated her kidney and told them that she only underwent an hernia operation at Gudalur.
Following a complaint from her husband, police registered a case against Sekar for violating Organ Transplantation rules and were searching for him, sources said.
The doctor had allegedly cheated many patients one way or the other as most of them were illiterate farm workers, police said, adding, they had sent a team to Kerala to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics