Eight washed away in surging waters in TN
Coimbatore: Eight persons were reported washed
away, of which three bodies were recovered Monday, even as 100 huts were surrounded by rainwater in and around Tirupur with
the Noyyal river in spate, official sources said.
Quoting eyewitnesses, the sources said a couple and
their three children, who were sitting atop their tiled house
in Poolawari Sukumaran Nagar, were washed away in the surging
waters last night.The bodies of a six-year-old girl and that
of the mother were recovered this morning, sources said.
Another body of a man was also retrieved from the water,
whose identity is yet to be ascertained, they said.
People also saw two sisters being washed away at
Following heavy rains last night, the Noyyal river was
in spate and people living on the banks left their belongings
in their houses, mostly huts, and ran to safer places.
The rains abated today and there is bright sunshine since
morning which has helped authorities in the rescue operations.
District Collector Mathivanan and other officials
including police, are supervising the operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred